The tutorials held at RIPE 61 are open to all RIPE Meeting attendees.
IPv6 for LIRs Training Tutorial
When: Monday, 15 November, 09:30-11:00
Trainer: Alex Band (RIPE NCC)
The focus of the IPv6 for LIRs Training Tutorial is to raise awareness about IPv6 and the current best practices for deploying it. We also cover IPv6 Internet addressing policies and how to obtain IPv6 address space.
NOTE: If you have already deployed IPv6 on your network, this tutorial may not be appropriate for you. Please read the outline below.
After this tutorial you will:
- Be able to create a deployment plan for IPv6 in your organisation
- Understand the differences and similarities between IPv4 and IPv6
- Know why deploying IPv6 will enable continued IP networking growth
- Understand the implications of running out of available IPv4 address space
- The Internet Registry System
- IPv6 Basics
- Addressing Plans
- Getting IPv6 Address Space
- Deploying IPv6
More about IPv6 for LIRs Training Course.